Fly On The Wall, Committee Meeting February 2015
Reporter: Ruth Bacci
- Thanks to Helen Richardson who will be helping Dave Shepherd out with holiday admin - it's a big job you know!!
- We're going public in more ways than one - the club is having 1000 publicity cards printed and the Ski Club of Manchester's Information has been updated on the Snowsport England website, the club's details can be found when using the 'Clubs and Slopes Finder page' on http://www.snowsportengland.org.uk.
- Ski sessions at the Chill Factor are going fantastically; lots of new members; increased coaching over the summer (evening's) and the instruction has been a huge success - to the extent where more instructors maybe required. The club has even recruited 20 or so members from the Chill Factore Sessions. Don't forget to stay for a beer if you attend!
- Return journey from Alpe D’Huez - it was a long one! The club has decided to write a letter to complain to the tour operator. We want to hear your views so watch out for the call for help!
- Everyone wants to ski in 2016 - Holidays are booking up fast, with St Christoph proving the most popular and extra places having to be booked.
- Early May walk in the Lakes. It’s not just walking!! The club is working on providing members with options for the bank holiday itinerary. For the more adventurous there may be an opportunity for kayaking / canoeing and fell running.
- To end on an even higher note - the club currently has a growing membership of 274 members.