Fly On The Wall, Committee Meeting August 2014
Reporter: Rick Mayers
The August committee meeting seemed to arrive quicker than ever, but at least it signifies that the new skiing season will be with us before we know it.
We are still trying to work smarter by keeping our meetings to a time limit; but due to the amount of items to be discussed, we have a little way to go.
There are a number of things going on in the background at the moment, with various members working hard to ensure that the club runs smoothly, and to ensure that there are events for the membership to enjoy.
A few of the issues discussed at the meeting which may be of interest to the club membership include:
- An update of the club website, hopefully making it more user friendly for new members.
- Confirmation that the new look membership cards are ready and will be issued in the autumn.
- A new venue for the Christmas get together has been agreed, which will be found in the events section of this newsletter.
- Confirmation that the forthcoming 2014/2015 events list is to be sent out with the new membership cards.
- The successful photo competition will return and viewing will be held again during the January social event.
- Closer links are being forged with the Ski Club of Great Britain, which should hopefully lead to some joint events and additional benefits to the membership. The Ski Club of Manchester has also been invited to have a presence on the SCGB stand at the Manchester Ski Show.
Unfortunately, the programmed TDC course which was to be held at the Chill Factore this September has been cancelled due to lack of demand.
On a more positive note, the recent success of the canoe event, was I believe, thoroughly enjoyed by all that attended. If any members have similar events they would like to open to the membership, please feel free to place an advert on the Club’s Facebook Group page or get in touch with one of the committee who will pass on the invite.
Looking forward to the forthcoming AGM, the current committee members have agreed to put themselves forward for re-election. If there are any members who would like to get themselves more involved with the running of the club, nominations for new committee members would be welcomed.
I hope you all enjoy the remainder of the summer and look forward to seeing everyone at the October AGM.